(Emerson College Master of Fine Arts thesis film)
A short, experimental personal documentary about memory, childhood, and trauma. Black Box uses children’s texts, hand-processed 16mm film, and archival footage of Igor Sikorsky’s helicopter test flights to play between the past and present in one woman’s life.
- 2014 New England Graduate Media Symposium
- 2014 Salem Film Fest Mass Reality Check
- 2014 Athens International Film and Video Festival
A feature-length documentary examining the impact of NBA star LeBron James’ departure from the City of Cleveland, through the eyes of the fans he left behind.
- 2013 Official Selection, All Sports LA Film Festival
- 2013 Official Selection, Ohio Independent Film Festival
- 2013 Official Selection, New Hampshire Film Festival
- 2013 Official Selection, Roxbury International Film Festival
- 2013 Official Selection, Pittsburgh Independent Film Festival
- 2013 Official Selection, Athens International Film and Video Festival
- 2013 World Premiere, Atlanta Film Festival
- 2013 Winner, Emerson College It’s All True Documentary Showcase
HOME (WE ARE THE ORPHANS)
A short film about one’s return to an uncomfortable past. Shot on location at Pleasure Beach, CT, a ghost-town that was once a residential beach community between Bridgeport and Stratford, Connecticut.
Format: 1080 24p HD video. TRT: 01:32. Completed: April 2010.
THE RIVER OF BEES
A short, visual interpretation of W.S. Merwin’s poem, “The River of Bees.”
BATH TIME FOLLIES
Bath Time Follies combines black and white 16mm footage and found footage that depicts a young woman’s fear of motherhood.
- 2010 Women’s Shorts Series in Somerville, MA
THE MAGIC HOUR
The Magic Hour is a short film that explores light as a metaphor for safety in one’s childhood.
(Emerson College Master of Art thesis film)
A short, personal documentary about the meaning of happiness. In May 2008, I traveled from Boston, Massachusetts to Portland, Oregon, interviewing strangers about the ever-elusive emotion along the way.
- 2009 New Hampshire Film Festival in Portsmouth, NH
- 2009 Emerson Film Festival at the Writers Guild of America Theatre in Beverly Hills, CA
A short documentary about a day in the life of an independent Vermont dairy farmer.
IN THE STREET
An ode to Helen Leavitt’s 1941 silent documentary, In the Street, set in modern times in Boston’s Copley Square.
- 2009 “Coolidge Shorts” series at the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline, MA
AN INCH WITHOUT ASPHALT
A train ride through one’s memory.
- 2007 Boston Film Night in Somerville, MA
- 2007 Women in Film & Video/New England’s Garden Shorts Series in Somerville, MA
SHOOTING THE SHIT
A short film about the the coming of the thaw, as told by the streets of Allston, MA.
Format: 16mm B/W film. TRT: 03:44. Completed: April 2007.